January 25, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

It may seem that I'm obsessed with chocolate chip cookies (okay I sort of am) but they're just so easy to make and great if you need something small to nibble (or scoff) on. I went away again at the weekend with some of my friends and thought these would be perfect to take with us, especially when I saw their name. Ultimate chocolate chip cookies? How could I resist!? I took half of the batch away with me over the weekend and I couldn't believe how fast these disappeared! We got down to the beach on the Friday afternoon and they were gone by the end of the next day. My friend's said that they were to die for and I actually had to agree with them. I thought my last recipe that I'd found was fantastic, but these are just that much better! Again, these were also a Martha Stewart recipe. :)
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
315g unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
440g chocolate (both white and milk chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Mix in flour mixture just until incorporated; fold in chocolate.
3. Using a 1/4 cup scoop (I actually just grabbed bits of dough and made smaller balls because I like smaller cookies - these still came out quite big though) and refrigerate 1 hour. 
4. Arrange 6 unbaked cookies on each of two baking paper lined trays. Bake cookies until light golden brown, approx 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. 

Recipe Source: Martha Stewart website

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook