January 5, 2011

White Chocolate Mousse cups

Something else I was in charge of for Christmas was to make a couple of desserts. My Mum was making the Christmas pudding, so we basically needed a couple of small options for those people who aren't really into pudding (like myself). Because I was making the turkey (as you can see in the previous post) I decided to make these desserts quick and easy so I didn't have to spend too much time worrying about them. The first one that I decided to make was White Chocolate Mousse. I'd made this recipe before a couple of times and know that except for the time it takes for the mousse to set in the fridge (a couple of hours at the most) it's a really quick and easy recipe to make. I got the recipe from my sister, although I'm not sure where she got it from.
Ingredients:
150g white chocolate
2 cups cream
3 tbsp water
2 tsp gelatin

1. Mix water and gelatin in a small bowl and let stand until the water is absorbed.
2. Over a double saucepan heat cream and white chocolate until chocolate is melted and both are combined
3. Pour gelatin mixture into white chocolate and cream and whisk for 3 minutes
4. Pour mixture into bowls/ramekins/glasses and refrigerate until set.

This was definitely a crowd favourite on Christmas day. My brother in law and a couple of others went back for seconds and thirds! It's a very rich and very tasty dessert so small serves are probably enough for most people. I found tiny little wine glasses in the local party supplies shop and ended up making 19 of them, although I did need to triple the mixture to get that amount of little cups filled. And although I didn't take a picture of it, I also added a couple of raspberries on top of each mousse to make them a bit more festive. 

1 comment:

share post

Facebook