2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup coarse sugar (caster sugar or plain sugar works if that's all you have)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together.
3. Cream the butter, 1 cup of sugar and lemon zest until very smooth. Add the egg and continue to beat until fluffy. Pour in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Place the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar into a bowl. Form balls out of the cookie dough 2 inches in diameter and roll them through the sugar. Arrange on a cookie sheet 4 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are just golden. The tops of the cookies should remain pale. Cool completely on the cookie sheets before removing to a plate.
Unknown - please let me know if you or someone you know is behind the creation of this fabulous recipe! I am more than happy to give you the credit due to you.