September 20, 2011

Pesto Farfelle

I have a new addiction, in the form of a blog called Sweet Verbena. I'm not usually into sewing or crafts, but this blog has some really beautiful things that Katy, the owner, has created. You should definitely head over there and have a look! She even has some really easy, but delicious looking recipes that she posts every now and then. The other night, as I was wandering through the supermarket, trying to think of what to cook for tea, her latest recipe for Pesto Cavatappi came to mind and I decided to give it a go. I used bow pasta (Farfelle) like she did in her post, and substituted the chicken breasts she used for a roast chicken, which made it that much easier. I also decided to add some broccoli, but you could leave this out if you want, or add in any vegetables you want.
Ingredients:
1 Roast Chicken
500g Farfelle (bow tie) pasta
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 jar Pesto
1 head of broccoli

Instructions:
1. Cook the pasta, following the instructions on the back of the packet
2. Remove chicken meat from the bones and cut into bite size pieces
3. Steam the brocolli (or whatever vegetables you have) until cooked.
4. Stir the chicken, brocolli and sauces through the pasta and serve! Easy!
Recipe Source:
Sweet Verbena Blog's recipe for
Pesto Cavatappi

1 comment:

  1. Yum this looks delish, I now know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night! :-)

    ReplyDelete

share post

Facebook