April 28, 2013

Maple Mustard Chicken (aka Man Pleasing Chicken)

I have a confession to make. I've been keeping something from you. One of the best recipes I've made, and now one of my favourite meals to make. It wasn't on purpose! Honestly! I've been making this chicken dish for a year or so now, and it's delicious. I get compliments every time I make it and it's just so so easy. It's just that every time that I make it I take photos all the way through and then once it's done....no photo. So I haven't been able to do a blog post on it yet. But I've finally remembered to get those final photos. Here goes!
To make this chicken, which you should absolutely do immediately, preheat your oven to 230ºCThen, mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. 
Put your chicken fillets in a foil-lined oven proof baking dish. I find that boneless, skinless thighs work best. Eight came in my package - but 2 per serve is usually enough. Sprinkle your chicken thighs with salt and pepper (I always forget that part. Oops!)  
Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated. 
Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste the chicken with more of the sauce.
Return the thighs back into the oven and let them bake for another 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 75C (or 165F). 
Let the chicken rest for five minutes before serving. Make sure to spoon extra sauce over the top when serving the chicken. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary.
Maple Mustard Chicken
1/2 cup of dijon mustard
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar. 
Boneless & skinless chicken thigh fillets (approx 2 per person)

1. 
To make this chicken, which you should absolutely do immediately, preheat your oven to 230ºCThen, mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. 
2. Put your chicken fillets in a foil-lined oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle your chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
3. Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated. 
4. Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and baste the chicken with more of the sauce.
5. Return the thighs back into the oven and let them bake for another 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 75C (or 165F). 
6, Let the chicken rest for five minutes before serving. Make sure to spoon extra sauce over the top when serving the chicken. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary.

Recipe Source:
Witty in the City's recipe for
Man Pleasing Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook