March 27, 2012

Pasta making lessons at the local library



I don't know about you, but I'm a big believer in making full use of the great resources on offer at my local public library. I may be a little biased (I work in a Library myself) but I think Library's can be fantastic. Who can pass up free books, albeit ones you have to give back?! And you often find they have some very interesting events or groups that you can take part in. I mainly use my local public library to borrow books (especially now that I'm trying to save) but when I recently found out about a pasta making class that was held there I had to sign up for it. I wasn't sure what to expect, whether it would be an instructor showing us from the front or whether it would be more hands on, either way was fine for me.
It ended up to be completely the former - Victor our presenter works at a local Pizza and Pasta shop and was fantastic in instructing us in all things pasta! He showed us how to make lasagne sheets, cannelloni sheets, fettuccine and ravioli, all without using any special machines or tools - just a rolling pin. He made it look so easy, like something I could actually do myself. I've actually made pasta once before in school but haven't had the confidence to attempt it again - but I'm motivated now to give it a go. Unfortunately we didn't get to taste any of the pasta Victor made on the night but luckily he'd brought along a huge pot of fresh, home-made pasta that we all got to try which tasted ahhhmazing!

Restaurant details:
Sapore Nostro
52A Macedon St
Sunbury 3429
Victoria
Ph. 9744 4858
info@saporenostro.com.au

Event held by:
Sunbury Library
44 Macedon St
Sunbury 3429
Victoria

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fab! Home made pasta is the bomb! I am lucky enough to have Italian grandparents-in-law and Nonna makes the most amazingly light gnocci!
    I also like to make use of our local library for Storytime with my 20month old daughter. Great free resource!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm home made gnocci sounds divine! Hopefully you'll be able to learn from her and make some for your family (ahem wink wink nudge nudge lol)

    Story time is a great idea too. The kids just love it and it's great to help them learn :)

    ReplyDelete

share post

Facebook