August 24, 2012

Lunch at Sitka, Macedon

I'm sure everyone has a favourite local cafe. I'm lucky to have a few really great cafes fairly close to where I live and one of those favourites is Sitka, in the tiny picturesque town of Macedon. I always have a great meal when I go to Sitka (as well as great coffee!) and when I went with my Mum, my sister and my nephew recently I wasn't disappointed.
Skinny latte - $3.50
Slow braised Middle Eastern Lamb with dates, chickpeas and turkish bread - $24
This was my meal and I have to say the meat was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. It fell apart because it was just so tender, and it had a really lovely sweet flavour. This was off the specials board which always lists some delicious sounding meals. It's always so hard to choose between things off that menu or off the regular menu. 
Mushroom bruschetta on turkish bread with goats cheese curd - $19.50
This was my Mum's meal (my sister had a coffee & my nephew a baby cino) which she really enjoyed. There was a mix of different types of mushrooms on there and she loved the goats cheese curd which wasn't overly rich. This is from the menu, and usually comes with one slice of bread as it's a starter but the chef nicely agreed to beef this up into a main meal for Mum.

If you ever get a chance to visit you definitely should! The Macedon Ranges are such a beautiful area to visit and explore - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a local!

Sitka Foodstore and Cafe
23 Victoria St
Macedon
Victoria 3440
Ph. 03 5426 3304

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook