January 28, 2013

On my shelf...

As you know from my recent post I'm taking part in the 2013 Reading Challenge so I'm always on the lookout for some great sounding books to read. I go through phases, sometimes I only have a few books on my list to read and sometimes it seems as though the list is never ending. Here are a few books that are on my bedside table at the moment that I'm hoping to read soon.
Ann Brashares
Not everyone believes in the existence of 'the one', the love of our life that we are destined are destined to find, but Daniel knows it's real. How could he not? He has spent centuries meeting and falling in love with the same girl over nad over and over again.
Randa Abdel-Fattah
Twenty-eight-year old Esma has a Masters in human resources management, never orders just a salad, is well-travelled, has excellent taste in music, watches the ABC news, has The Guardian saved as an application on her iPhone, knows all the two-letter words in Scrabble and can tell the difference between a Ford and Holden. Armed with a personalised checklist, she's on the hunt for Mr Right, who must be Muslim. Along with her three friends - Lisa, who works with refugees, lawyer Ruby, and midwife Nirvana - they form the No Sex in the City club. Love is hard to find and when family, friends and meddling employers are thrown into the equation, the path to true love suddenly takes a great big detour.
M. L. Stedman
1926. Tom Sherbourne is a young lighthouse keeper on a remote island off Western Australia, and lives there with his wife. One April morning a boat washes ashore carrying a dead man and an infant. Years later Tom and his wife discover the consequences of the decision they made that day - as the baby's real story unfolds.
Gone Girl: A Novel
Gillian Flynn
On the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick's wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police immediately suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they aren't his. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone. So what really did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?

What's on your to read list at the moment? Are there any books in particular that you're looking forward to reading?

3 comments:

  1. I don't get to read alot but at the moment I'm reading 'How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk.' It was recommended on a blog I read.
    It's not that I have a problem talking to my little ones but am just trying to be proactive and do anything I can do to better our relationships as they grow.
    It's a great read and I would recommend it to all teachers and parents!

    The books you've listed look interesting. I'd love to know what some of them are about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it sounds funny because I'm not a mother but I actually find reading about raising children quite interesting :) And I think it's great to read and educate ourselves on our interests and things we're going through in life.

      Thanks for the feedback too, I've edited the entry so that each book has a little blurb underneath.

      Delete
    2. Ooh now I want to read the Light Between Oceans!!

      Delete

share post

Facebook