August 10, 2013

Best sandwich in Melbourne?

I've been hearing great things about EARL Canteen for aaages now. I've wanted to visit for just as long. But since I don't work in the city and they're closed on weekends I just haven't been able to visit, until the recent school holidays that is. Does EARL Canteen live up to it's reputation of having the best sandwiches in Melbourne? Judging by my Pork Belly sandwich, Crisp skin free-range pork belly, apple & fennel coleslaw, wilted silverbeet), I'd say yes.
The combination of the soft pork belly and the crunchy crisp coleslaw, with some crackling(!) thrown in was fantastic. I'm even craving it again now! The broccoli salad that I had on the side was okay, sweet and cool, but it's probably not something I would go out of my way to have again.
I really enjoyed the latte that I had, though, it was just slightly bitter - just how I like it. So if you're ever near EARL Canteen during the week, it's definitely worth a visit for one of their famous sandwiches!

EARL Canteen
500 Bourke St
(Enter via Little Bourke St)
Melbourne, Victoria
Ph. 9600 1995
Mon-Fri 7.00am - 4.00pm

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook