August 2, 2012

Apple & Raspberry Crisp

I've finally decided to take the plunge and take part in Fat Mum Slim's Photo a Day Challenge. Has anyone else done this, or still take part in this? I've been so tempted to do it for quite a while now, but always thought I'd forget, or not be creative enough with my photos. I love the idea though, I really do need to remember to take out my camera more often and capture things and memories. I barely remember to take photos of my cooking half the time, so hopefully this will help me remember!

I'm also finally on Instagram (I know, where have I been?!) which is where I'll be posting my photo from each day. You can follow me, if you'd like - my username is clpeucker. Also here's the challenge list for those curious, or thinking of taking part - we're only one day into August so it's definitely the perfect time to get started.

August is also the perfect time to be treating yourself with some warm comfort food! And this Apple & Raspberry Crisp was the perfect comfort food for me recently when I was hosting my sister and her family for dinner. I love the combination of apple and raspberry, and you can't go past a crumble - it really is a delicious combination! Serve with ice cream, or cream (or both!) and you've got yourself the perfect dessert for a cold winters night.
Apple & Raspberry Crisp
3/4 cup Plain Flour (spooned and leveled)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp caster sugar
115g unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
1 cup rolled oats
3x 400g tinned apples
300g frozen or fresh raspberries
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, salt and 2 tbsp caster sugar. Cut butter into flour, until mixture is the texture of coarse meal. Add oats, and use your hands to toss and squeeze mixture until large clumps form.
2. In another large bowl, combine apples with lemon juice, cinnamon and remaining 1/2 cup caster sugar. Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish, and sprinkle with topping mixture.
3. Place baking dish on a baking tray and bake until golden and bubbling, 35-40 minutes.

Recipe Source:
Adapted from Martha Stewart's
Apple Crisp Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook