- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 10 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Olive oil
1. Grate zucchini into a medium bowl. Add salt, lemon zest, chopped parsley, garlic, pepper, and eggs. Mix well to combine. Slowly add the flour, stirring so no lumps form.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until the oil sizzles when you drop a small amount of zucchini mixture into the pan. Carefully drop two spoonfuls of zucchini mixture into the pan; repeat, spacing fritters a few inches apart.
3. Cook fritters until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Turn fritters, and continue cooking until golden, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer fritters to a plate; set aside. Cook remaining mixture, adding more oil to the frying pan if necessary.
Martha Stewart recipe for