April 19, 2013

Beauty

I’ve always wondered how people see me. What they truly think of me, my looks and how I come across to them (although sometimes I wonder if I'd really want to know!). I’ve always been self-conscious about how I look and have never had a high opinion of myself – every now and then I concede that ‘maybe I like ok/nice today’ but I’ve never seen myself as beautiful. I think that’s why this video affected me so much – I really teared up when I saw the women looking at their end pictures and they saw the difference between how they saw themselves and how others saw them. Such a beautiful but very true message. We really are more beautiful than we give ourselves credit for.



4 comments:

  1. That's a good video -- I think I have a pretty realistic idea of what I look like, but i wonder if I really do. Beauty is deeper than just looks though - it pays to be beautiful on the inside no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your point there - no matter what anyone looks like on the outside we should always try to be a good person on the inside :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, loved the idea behind that video! Some good food for thought! It's so true that us women are our own worst critic. I agree also that beauty on the inside can make you 'appear' more beautiful.
    ps. Like the words of the great song...You are so beautiful, to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we are our own worst critics. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to look a certain way when in the long run that's not really what's important.

      And aw :) Thank you! xo

      Delete

share post

Facebook