April 12, 2013

Camping Holiday

I've been away camping this past week with my parents and my sister's family. We try to get away most Easter breaks, and usually head up to the same spot on the Murray River each year. It's perfect (especially after the Easter long weekend crowd has gone home) as there's a lovely beach that goes down to the water. It was such a relaxing break, and the perfect opportunity to get through most of the book I'd been reading - The Sunne In Splendour 
This is where we had our seats around the fire. We cooked most of our meals here as well as damper. My nephews loved toasting marshmallows here a couple of nights too.  
This was my tent - please excuse the towel hanging out to dry, it does detract from the background view. 
My nephew A even caught a fish! He was so proud! But it was just a touch too small so he had to put it back in the water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook