- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or normal breadcrumbs)
- 500g turkey mince
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder (the recipe called for 1tbsp but you can adjust this to the amount you want)
- Coarse salt
- 4 hamburger buns, or bread (toasted if you wish)
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato, sliced
- Swiss Cheese slices
1. In a medium bowl, mix together turkey mince, breadcrumbs, sour cream, 3 tbsp chutney, 1 tbsp mustard, chilli powder, and 1 tsp salt.
3. To cook, heat oven grill with the rack set 4 inches from heat. Place burgers on a baking sheet and grill until firm and cooked through, for about 5 minutes each side. (alternatively you can also fry them or BBQ them if you wish)
4. Place cooked burgers on pre-prepared burger buns or bread. Top with lettuce, tomato and swiss cheese. Stir together 1 tbsp each of chutney and mustard, and spread on the top half of the burger bun/bread, or serve alongside burgers.
Note: If you wish to freeze the burgers, wrap each one individually before placing them in the freezer. The burgers will keep for up to 2 months.
Adapted (only slightly) from the Turkey Burger Recipe on Martha Stewart's website.