Ingredients (makes one 1 litre jar)
Layer your ingredients in your jars in the following order (and make sure you pack the ingredients in really tight - otherwise they won't all fit):
1 1/3 cup plain flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup M&Ms
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Empty your jar of dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
2. Add 1 slightly beaten egg, 1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave) and 1 tsp vanilla and mix together - you might have to get your hands dirty for this (don't put them in your mixer like I did before I'd read the instructions properly - this apparently breaks up the M&Ms which makes the colour bleed a little - duh!)
3. Roll your dough into balls and place on a baking paper covered baking tray for about 10 minutes in a 180 C oven.
These cookies are great because you can make them specific to whichever holiday you are celebrating at the time. Bakerella added pink M&Ms in hers, so you can really add whichever colours you like.
Cowgirl Cookie Jar Mix
In a 1 litre jar layer the dry ingredients in the following order:
First - flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
Second - oats
Fourth - chocolate chips
Fifth - brown sugar
Sixth - white sugar
Seventh - chopped pecans
Make sure that you pack each level down very tightly. This is important as you may not fit in all the ingredients otherwise. So push down really well!
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter (almost melted in the microwave)
1 tsp vanilla
To make the cookies:
1. Empty your jar of ingredients out into a bowl and mix together.
2. Using a wooden spoon (or your hands if need be) mix in the wet ingredients.
3. Roll your dough into balls and place on a baking tray which has been covered with baking paper
4. Bake for about 10 minutes in a 180C oven.
5. Remove from tray and cool on a wire rack.