December 9, 2011

Putting the Perfect Cream Cheese Icing to the test

I absolutely love cream cheese icing. Before I knew about red velvet cupcakes (it was a dark dark time haha) I used to order carrot or banana cake just because I knew they would come with cream cheese icing. And I don't really even like carrot cake! My only problem is though, that most recipes for cream cheese icing that I find have so much icing sugar in them that the icing becomes sickeningly sweet. Most call for around 4 cups - which I always cut down a lot, but I recently found a recipe on Our Best Bites for what they called the Perfect Cream Cheese Icing. So when I needed to make some Red Velvet Cupcakes for a family picnic to celebrate my sister, B's birthday, I decided to put this cream cheese icing recipe to the test. And the verdict? It was one of the best cream cheese icings I've tasted! It was still sweet but not overly so, and still piped onto the cupcakes nicely (except for my inability to pipe straight). This one is definitely a keeper!
Ingredients:
500g cream cheese
120g butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. In an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the icing sugar and beat until smooth and fully incorporated. Spread or pipe onto the top of your cake/cupcakes. You can refridgerate any leftovers (if you haven't eaten it already!)

Recipe Source:
Perfect Cream Cheese Icing from
Out Best Bites




Cream Cheese Icing


Ingredients:
500g cream cheese
120g butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Method:

1. In an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.

2. Add in the icing sugar and beat until smooth and fully incorporated. Spread or pipe onto the top of your cake/cupcakes. You can refridgerate any leftovers, if need be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook