February 4, 2011

Potato Salad

We celebrated my Mum's birthday recently with a BBQ here at home along with some surprise visitors! My cousin has recently returned home, after living in England for a few years, with her partner and they both (as well as her Dad) came out for the BBQ. My Mum had no idea what was happening and when they turned up at our house let out a shriek of surprise. LOL My family is big on surprises, we love doing things like this for each other.
So we each contributed a dish or two to the BBQ and one of my 'jobs' was to make a salad. I'm not big on making salads but in the end decided to make a Potato Salad. It's always a favourite, plus it's usually very easy to make which was a plus since I was also making her cake (you'll hear all about that soon!). I found this recipe for Potato Salad in my Woman's Weekly 'Cook' cookbook and was really happy with how it turned out. It had some extra flavours that I (and the others) really liked.
Ingredients:
7 large potatoes (2kg) diced into 2cm pieces
2 tbsp cider vinegar
6 green onions (spring onion), chopped finely
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
5 hard boiled eggs, chopped coarsely
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1. Boil, steam or microwave potato until just tender, drain. Place potato, in single layer on tray; sprinkle with vinegar. Cool 15 minutes.
2. Place potato in large bowl with onion, tarragon, egg and combined remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.

Recipe Source: Cook: How to cook absolutely everything by The Australian Woman's Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook