August 20, 2014

Avocado Pasta

Do you ever get to that point in winter where you just get cravings for fresh foods? I've been feeling that way for the past week or so, I think because I'm starting to get sick of all the wintery foods I've been eating. I was browsing through Pinterest for some inspiration when I found this recipe for avocado pasta. I can't get enough of avocados and this just sounded like a quick, healthy way to have pasta (also another favourite).
I loved the taste - the combination of the basil, lemon and avocado was great. I think the next time I make it though the addition of some chicken and mushrooms would round it out nicely.
Would you add anything else to this recipe? Or would you keep it simple?

Avocado Pasta
[Printable Recipe]
INGREDIENTS:
300g Pasta
2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
2. To make the pasta sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor, season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified.
3. In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce and cherry tomatoes
4. Serve immediately

Recipe Source:
Damn Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

share post

Facebook