What better excuse to do some baking and to try out one of my many pinned recipes on Pinterest? I had a tin of pumpkin purée in the pantry so I thought I'd try out this recipe for Starbuck's Pumpkin Pound Cake. Although apparently this recipe is for a modified and slightly more healthy version of the Starbuck's one it still tastes fantastic. The spices also add a lot of flavour to what's a very dense but moist cake.
Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake
1 1/2 cup Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt
3 Egg Whites
1 cup Canned Pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf pan, set aside.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves and nutmeg into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, yoghurt and egg whites. Whisk thoroughly until blended. Stir in the pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until completely incorporated.
4. Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. Once cool, drizzle with a glaze or top with cream cheese icing (if desired)
Source: Something Swanky recipe for Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake